Thursday, November 6, 2008

AUTO INSURANCE INFORMATION

Q: If I don't have auto insurance, and am involved in an accident that is completely not my fault, will the party at fault's insurance pay for the repairs to my car?

A:
Yes, assuming that unlike you, the “party at fault” is carrying at least basic liability coverage, his or her insurance will pay for the damage incurred by their client. However, if the fault for the accident is shared, for example 50-50, then the other driver’s insurance will cover his or her portion of the damage, but will only cover your portion if the other driver is also carrying uninsured motorist insurance. However, uninsured motorist insurance is not obligatory in every state, and you should not count on it. Whatever the insurance situation of the other party, not carrying auto insurance is against the law, so you would be wise to buy it. Penalties for non-compliance with insurance laws vary by state, but often involve a substantial fine, license and/or registration suspension or revocation, as well as possible jail time in some states.

source

1 comment:

Satria Sudeki said...

Hei... I read your information from begining to the end and I think that is interesting information.. I think i will tell this information again to my friend and I hope this information will be usefull for them... oh yes I suggest you to check my blog on www.top-autoinsurance.blogspot.com , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you... and we can share each other. thank you... ;-)